1.27.2008

Party, my house, be there... PIG ROAST!

Can you attach any other two words to a party theme to let your guests know that you mean business about partying? I mean, if you say "I don't know... I'll just throw on some burgers and 'dogs, or something." That is not very impressive. But if you say your are going to put in the effort to get the hog, equipment, and spend time roasting the porky bastard... then you are damn serious about having this party! You are essentially guilting people into coming. You know that they are thinking, "Damn... how can I miss this?! I can't let him down!"

I know that
birthday, graduation, and goodbye parties are all very worthy reasons to have a good time, but adding a Pig Roast to the mix only amplifies the original level of party. I suppose pinatas could be popular as well, but that is fleeting fun. Roasting and devouring the hog is lasting fun.

Sadly, this comes at the expense of one unfortunate swine. Wilbur is certainly not having any fun during all of this. It is quite the barbaric act, but it still can take a party to new heights. I shall try this sometime... until then, I'll rely on Jenga and Guitar Hero as my headline attractions.

No comments: