5.07.2008

comix zone

Since Iron Man is all the rave these days because of Robert Downey Jr.'s portrayal of Tony Stark, I thought I should share an Iron Man comic series with some stunning artwork. I'm not a huge reader of comics any more, but when I saw this Iron Man series in newsstands a few years ago, I was hooked! Comic book art has come a long, long way from what it once was (and so has the price!) Adi Granov is the artistic mastermind behind the previously mentioned series. Truly amazing! Check out some more of his work here. And for those who want to read more about Iron Man history, I recommend this site.

By the way, how does the world feel about Robert Downey Jr.? I'm thinking people accepted him as a good actor, but after his drug binge and emotional instability in the 90's we're all still a little weary. It's like a lovable dog that all of a sudden bites the hell out of your 5 year old nephew after snorting a line of coke (the dog, not the kid... nevermind). And then you're all like, "What the 'F' was that all about?!" So it's always in the back of your mind and you remain cautious. I mean, he's never going to be normal, like... Tom Cruise... umm... Johnny Depp... umm... Mel Gibson... OK, let's forget this conversation, deal?

No comments: