2.25.2008

Hate The Drake!

This weekend, I finally got reacquainted with a passion of mine... college basketball! And without much time to spare, since March is quickly approaching. The spark that reignited my interest was a great #1 vs. #2 in-state battle, however not in North Carolina this time... but in Tennessee. Tigers vs. Vols - Excellent game! Tennessee pulled off the upset and handed Memphis their first loss. They were much faster and had a great transition game. Memphis looked well disciplined, but a bit tight. From what I saw, I wouldn't bet on the Tigers winning the title.
Looking at the Top 25, I noticed a Missouri Valley Conference team at #20... Drake. I pulled up the team's page and noticed the Bulldogs' logo. ESPN.com's fading effect on the team website really brings out the humping dog. See it?... immature, but whatever.
Also, can't you foresee a Drake sleeper team getting deep into the tourney and prompting thousands of gamblers to reference Seinfeld: "Boy, I'm really starting to dislike the Drake. Hate the Drake!"

No comments: