12.04.2008

War with Canada

Earlier this week (12/2) there was an amusing BS Report with Bill Simmons and Cousin Sal (writer for Jimmy Kimmel Live) going through the Week 14 NFL games. When they got to the Dolphins-Bills game, here's their exchange:

Cousin Sal: Miami at Buffalo... except it's not at Buffalo it's in Toronto.

Bill Simmons: Oh no!

CS: Yeah.

BS: Is this a dome or not a dome?

CS: You know, I'm not even sure. Miami at Buffalo in Toronto. I think they play in the Maple Leaf's Gardens, right?... No, I don't know where this is.

BS: It can't be a dome. If they built a dome, we would have heard of that. I should probably find that out. But uhh... does that Toronto thing... I don't know if it helps them or what happens.

CS: I think we're looking to start a war with Canada sending them Pennington and J.P. Losman. I really do.

BS: What... does Ricky (Williams) get through customs?

CS: That's another thing, yeah.

BS: What are the odds of that? We probably have to scratch him right now.

Classic Simmons. I loved it. Good podcast. He also calls his friend to rehash some of the best moments from Rocky IV. Then he wrapped it up with a call to Connor Schell, a high ranking ESPN executive who Simmons has cited before about hating it when he calls his friends on the podcast and was allegedly the reason why the podcast was on hiatus for a few weeks. Juicy, no? The cocky Sports Guy even says to him, "If I told you that I just talked to my buddy Gus for 20 minutes about Rocky IV... would you be enthralled or disappointed?" Yikes! I don't want to ruin the suspense, but it turns out to be a dud. I'm sure ESPN is ecstatic to have Simmons during the internet age and I highly recommend the BS Report to any level of sports fan.

No comments: