1.21.2009

Santonio's mocking bird dance will be a lasting image in the rivalry

This is my favorite photo from the Raven's game. I love the dejected Ed Reed in the background. Also, did you notice Nate Washington calmly running along Santonio being his rearview mirror, then delivering the final block on Reed? It was great.
Santonio has overcome mid-season mediocrity to be a very potent weapon on offense. I've always been impressed with his crisp route running, but his moves after the catch have been magical this year. I was really worried about him after his arrest for posession of marijuania, since the track record for NFL players for performance after a drug bust is subpar at best (e.g. Nate Newton, Ricky Williams, Travis Henry, Leon Lett, Bam Morris, Koren Robinson, Cedric Benson). But he proved me wrong and the last two weeks he's provided the spark early to inspire the team, and I have no reason to doubt that he'll do it again in Tampa. You should also check out his blog. Not the best material, but I'll forgive him while he's on his playoff run. However you can tell that he actually enjoys blogging and interacting with fans on the web.


(D.C. Steeler Nation)

1 comment:

Erin Hartman said...

He kicked ass totally because I bought a #10 jersey that morning. Whaaaat? Not washing it for next week. Beware.