1.02.2009

Wanna know who will win Super Bowl XLIII?

The internet is polluted with NFL playoff picks, but I want to further contaminate the web with my thoughts. Time to brag a bit... 3 years ago I won our office pool because I foolishly (and luckily) predicted the Steelers win in Detriot, the following year I won picking Indy, last year I didn't see the Giants coming at all and I think I had Jacksonville beating the Patriots (can't remember). The point is... I could have a worse track record, so give me a chance. Plus, I just want to get my picks "on the record".

I initially wrote a huge post, but I deleted it to keep this brief. So on with my picks...



I feel most confient in the Panthers winning it all and the Dolphins causing some noise. Not sure why the Dolphins aren't getting much love. I really think they're a solid team. The Cardinals should be a little too much for the Falcons at home and the Chargers don't even belong in the playoffs. I love the Steelers, but our up-and-down O-line and pathetic Special Teams will cause problems. I think Big Ben will return to his confident self with a FB in the back field blocking for Willie. But I have to give the edge to the Panthers to win it all. I HATE Delhomme and he contradicts ever important requirement of "calm, leader QB" to be a SB champ, but somehow I see them controlling the clock with their ground game and Steve Smith maintaining his superhero abilities for a few more weeks. Plus, they just seem to have "it" this year. The Giants are falling apart and the Colts could very well be in the SB too. The Titans are far too immature to win a ring. They stand no chance.

Good luck with your Playoff Challenges, office pools, and remaining fantasy leagues. It'll be a great post-season!

No comments: